Suescraftstuff

divider

divider
SUESCRAFTSTUFF

Susie's Scrapblog

My photo
United Kingdom
suescraftstuff:- I try to put all sorts of things into order in a scrapbook. mainly family. I Started scrapbooking in 2009 and now am totally addicted. Just recently I started making a few cards, mainly for friends and family, I really enjoy doing this, but there is such a lot more to learn. currently I am learning to use promarkers, they're fantastic!!... I have a cricut cutting machine, but like to embellish with different mediums rather than just the cricut cutouts. I love lace and flowers, also distressing and embossing. This is just one of my many hobbies I've had over the years, a big part of it was woodcraft and painting.The woodcraft bit I got from my dad, him and my mum are my all time favourite people, my dad was so kind and clever, dad, I miss you, because of him I still dabble in the woodwork a bit too. But I am loving putting all my photo's into a scrapbook, and lately making cards, to keep and remember everone in a much more interesting way than a normal photo album .hopefully it will be passed on in later years.

divider

divider

Sunday 7 November 2010

Love comes to stay

The following is a poem I heard on our national radio a month or so ago, it really made me stop and think, as it's about someone who has been living a life alone for a while and come to terms with the fact that they rule their own life, have become sort of selfish on a way and like it that way, then along comes someone that disrupts your life, in a good way? love comes along late in life and creates havoc in the calmness of your life.

Love Comes to Stay
You broke into my house while I was out
and lodged and laughed and cooked and disarranged things.
I find it very hard to tolerate
intruders with the energy to change things.

You cluttered up my home with friends and noise;
stole my entire routine and broke and spoiled it,
wrecked my attempts at dignity and poise,
dismantled old machinery and oiled it.

You heard the song I knew by heart, and learned it,
explored each corner of my home and filled it;
and snatched my dearest prejudice and burned it,
and caught what terrified me most, and killed it.

You hold opinions I don't wish to hear,
make jokes about me which I don't quite get,
break rules, support the cause I least approve,
and fail to see that I'm in charge, as yet.
You barge in without any invitation,
slam doors which I prefer to keep ajar
you go and smash my blessed, slow stagnation.

But, since you’re here, we’ll leave things as they are

© Lucy Berry 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness that's BEAUTIFUL!!!! I LOVE BBC radio- I listen here on our local National Public Radio - love the international focus.

    ReplyDelete